Wix Fee Website Review – Will Wix work for your Fitness Business?
Starting a Fitness Business can be very exciting, and then it gets overwhelming when you realize all the additional things you need to get done.
My advice: keep it simple!
Rome wasn’t built in a day and you don’t have to get everything done in the first month. Actually, my first year was my time of growth and development on all my business parts as a whole.
- Accounting systems and tracking that worked and were simple
- A web presence that is informative and engaging
- An offline referral network
All this in addition to training my clients and keeping a high level of energy during the day.
Keep in mind when you start your fitness business, it is all you! You can operate a small business, make good money, and not have to outsource marketing or paperwork.
In the first few months I was completely up and running with all my ducks in a row:
- Insurance and Certifications
- Release forms
- Referral forms
- Email communication and my newsletter
And then I decided to work on a website. I didn’t want anything fancy; just an online marketing tool for my clients and potential new business.
Wix Free Website Review
I saw the Wix Free Website Review commercials and I decided to get involved with Wix. Looking back and knowing what I know now, I would have stayed away from Wix. With Wix I wasted a lot of time designing a website with their template designs and their site was mostly dedicated to that: starting a website.
A website is no good if nobody can find you!
Wix Free Website Review – The Pros’s
- Wix has a lot of templates
- They offer hosting and design
- They offer walk through tutorials
Wix Free Website Review – The Con’s
- You pay a lot more with Wix – I paid $24 a month vs the $9.95 I pay now with HostGator
- Their support line is terrible. I think it’s only one person! You have to schedule a time for someone to call you back within the week. My experience with HostGator has been so much better and their customer support is fantastic
- Their custom designs are confusing when you want to personalize for your own look and feel
- Their designs don’t convert to mobile as easily as WordPress
Wix Free Website Review – My Conclusion
The Wix Fee Website was absolutely the wrong choice when I started my fitness business. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get their website to work, spent more money than I needed, and was easily frustrated.
Now, I am not saying this is the general census of their customers, but my experience was not positive.
Looking back, their designs are pieced together so they look like WordPress Websites. However with WordPress, the designs are already set, you have a ton to choose from, and you set it up from you hosting account like HostGator.
Not to mention, when you work with Wealthy Affiliate, they walk you through the steps on getting your fitness website set up, tell you what consumers look for when it comes to design, and coach you on how to help people find you!
When it comes to starting a fitness business, my Wix Free Website Review is a Thumbs Down.
I found more success using HostGator and the coaching I receive from Wealthy Affiliate is phenomenal!
The best thing about the Wix Free Website was that it encouraged me to look for an alternative method. And that is how I found out about the benefits of web hosting!
If you want to learn about the awesome benefits of Wealthy Affiliate and watch their free Getting Started website videos, click here. <<=======
Did this Wix Free Website Review help? Post your questions or comments below.