Does Dymatize Elite Whey Protein make the cut?
Choosing protein can sometimes be like a game of Russian roulette. You don’t know if you will like what you get and instead of a taster, you have to buy a giant tub.
Personally, I have tried and failed on protein in so many ways! I have had some that had a great protein value and just tasted horribly, and then I have some awesome tasting ones that were nothing more than a chocolate shake.
But how do you really know?
As they say, you never know tell you try, right! Well I can say that since I found Dymatize Elite Whey Protein I haven’t switched brands in 2 years. I won’t even buy other brands that are on sales because I trust Dymatize!
Reading the Label
When it comes to reading the label here is what I look for:
- Calories – Between 120 – 160 calories per serving
- Protein – Between 23 – 28 grams per serving
- Carbs – Between 3 – 10 carbs per serving. Carbs help your protein shake without taste. Without cars, your protein shake is closer to an isolate which is a shake designed for athletes. It’s more pure and doesn’t stay in your system as long.
- Sugar – I try to keep the sugar low, under 5 grams
- Price – I don’t buy the cheapest brand, but I also don’t want to break the bank! They biggest thing I pay attention to is the price and size of the container (2 or 5 lbs.).
How Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Compares:
Dymatize Elite meets all my criteria for a great protein shake! It breaks down to:
- 130 Calories
- 25g of Protein
- 3g of Carbs
- 1g of Sugars
Plus, they have a great selection of flavors to pleasure your palate! My personal favorite is Chocolate Fudge and Vanilla. Rich Chocolate is not bad, but anytime I can have Fudge, I’m in! I always keep a Vanilla flavor at home to mix it up and add some Peanut Butter or PB2 in my favorite blender.
When it comes to rating Dymatize Elite Whey Protein, it matches up on all my criteria. I usually don’t have any reviews that have a 5 star rating, but in comparison to the others, Elite meets my criteria and tastes awesome!
In addition to that, aside from the Whey Protein that is a dairy by-product, there is no additional dairy added. So, if you are watching your dairy intake, this protein shake will be perfect!
As far as cons go, I really haven’t found one with Dymatize Elite. Other brands that I have tried like Muscle Pharm or Gaspari are ok, but they are too sweet and packed with sugar. And that does all depend on which flavor you choose. At any rate, Dymatize has created a well balanced shake at a price that won’t break you bank!
Dymatize Elite Whey Protein is my go to protein shake! Please let me know what you think and leave your questions or comments below. If it is your first time buying protein, I recommend starting with the 2 lb box and see which flavors you like!