Unlock the secret to landing a job and start a career in fitness!
Ready to begin a career in fitness, but don’t know where to start? Read the Best Personal Trainer Certifications Reviews and decide where to get started!
Becoming a Personal Trainer is a great choice if you:
- Want a career in fitness
- A great part-time job
- Be part of the obesity solution
- Grow into an industry leader
Personal Training is growing and the demand for trainers is at an all time high. But if you want to get started and become a personal trainer, where do I go to get a Personal Trainer Certification?
There are a ton of places to get your Personal Trainer Certification, but if you want to get certified and get a job right away read my Personal Trainer Certification Reviews and my #1 Pick.
The Top Personal Trainer Certification Reviews
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
American Council on Exercise (ACE) – This is my absolute #1 Overall Pick
It is the #1 Personal Trainer Certification because:
- ACE is the preferred certification accepted by most big box gyms
- ACE certifies you in overall fitness, strength, and preventing injury covering a wide variety of clientele
- ACE has more specialized Personal Training Certification programs as you expand you specialization in the future
- The ACE Exam Pass rate is over 65% for first time takers!
Your ACE Certification Standard Program includes:
- The Ace Personal Training Manual
- The Exercise Science Manual for Fitness Professionals
- An Email Training Video Series
- The Exam
National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) – This is my #2 pick overall
NASM is a great Personal Training Certification and has many specialty programs. It is very detailed and is similar to taking a college course.
It is the #2 Personal Trainer Certification because:
- It is accepted by many of the big box gyms and studios
- It is very through and detailed and will fully prepare you for your career as a Personal Trainer.
- You have a 50/50 chance to pass the exam on the first try!!
- It’s a little more pricey than the ACE program
- Then NASM Standard Program comes with the Exam ONLY!
- Study Guides and test prep materials are all upgrades!!
It is very detailed program and the EXAM is hard! Only half the takers of this Personal Trainer Certification Pass on the first attempt.
My Personal Trainer Certification Reviews: Honorable Mention
There are many other Personal Trainer Certification Programs, but they really fall short when your are trying to land your first Personal Training Job.
International Sports Science Association (ISSA) is a great program, but it is regarded in the industry at the bottom. Although it was one of the first programs on the market, it falls short when you are trying to get a job. Often times you need special approval to get hired if this is your only certification and some gyms may hire you, and then require you to get ACE Certified.
American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) has a great program, but it is more specialized and you may have to learn in depth material to pass the exam that you will never need when you get your first Personal Training Job.
My Top Pick
Becoming a Personal Trainer is a great job, and even better lifestyle. You will have great connections with your clients, make great money, and have a passion for what you do.
When most people decided to get Certified as a Personal Trainer, they know they have a passion for fitness and want to help others do what they have done for themselves.
The Next Step is Getting Certified!
If you want to:
- Get Certified
- Get a Personal Training Job right away
- Not pay extra fee’s in upgrades while getting your certification
- Have a better chance to pass your exam on the first try
All the programs I have reviewed are great programs, however in my experience ACE is the best certification on the market when it comes to:
- Material Covered
- Job Placement
Start your career in fitness today and get certified!