How To Start A Fitness Blog is easier than you think!
When I officially started my own fitness business, I was advised that I should start a blog. Why? Because with a fitness blog gives you the opportunity for people to being to know, like, and trust you. And if they know, like, and trust you then you are more likely to get more clients.
However, when I started diving into my ultimate goal of getting more clients through a fitness blog, I ran into some confusing road block:
- There was a lot of competition in my market for my keywords
- I worked with trainers that paid to be on the front page of Google and received no clients from their website
- How do I earn additional income from my Fitness Blog if the competition is so high?
Then after doing some research I discovered a few things:
- I can write articles about fitness or my overall fitness niche during my down time
- People that are interested in my topic will follow my blog
- My blog can earn additional income for my fitness business and be separate from my fitness business
And then…viola! I started researching how to start a fitness blog and my online fitness business was suddenly born.
How My Fitness Blog Works:
It is simple and works like this:
My personal training schedule is in blocks: early morning, mid morning, and evening. Very similar to other trainers in my studio. And for awhile I was playing candy crush or doing some task to pass the time between sessions. Other than the occasional nap!
So I have a 2 hour block in the afternoons when I could be productive! And once I learned about starting a fitness blog, I soon became excited that I could build an additional stream of income during my down time.
How Blogging Works:
- You pick a niche or topic that will be the backbone of your blog like getting fit over 40, or how to lose belly fat
- Within that niche you recommend products that you use like your favorite blender or protein shake (you can also put adds on your blog and get paid when people click on your ads)
- You get paid a commission when people click on those adds or product recommendations
It really is that simple, and if you did this in your 30 to 90 minutes of downtime a couple times a week, within a couple of months your blog could be bringing in enough profit that you could pay the bills of your fitness business!
Your thinking now that that sounds great, but how do I get started? I’m a fitness professional not a techie!
Well, I thought the same thing. And I spent months researching ways to get to the bottom of it….and then I found Wealthy Affiliate.
What Is Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate is a website and community that shows you videos and tutorials on:
- How To Start A Fitness Blog
- What Are The First Steps
- How To Keep Your Fitness Blog Running, Profitable, and Successful
The best part…Its FREE to get started!
It’s soo awesome! I actually learned how to start a fitness blog on the treadmill. I would watch the videos while I was doing my afternoon cardio and soon enough I had my own fitness blog.
During my downtime I write articles about what I love….fitness and the pursuit of healthy living! Whether you are a Personal Trainer, Massage Therapist, Pilates Instructor, or stay at home mom you can begin to supplement your income with a blog about your life’s passion.
My passion is fitness and helping people break away from their desk and into a healthy lifestyle.
The Pro’s of starting a fitness blog:
- You get people to know, like, and trust you
- You write about topics you are passionate about and like
- You absolutely have fun doing it!
The Con’s of starting a fitness blog:
- Success doesn’t happen overnight
- Just like your business, a successful blog takes time and attention
Start Your Fitness Blog Today!
- Click Here to check out my review for Wealthy Affiliate and see how I started my own fitness blog
- Click Here to learn the simple steps to Start Your Fitness Blog Today!