Well, it’s that time of year again! It’s time to Lose Weight Fast for the Summer and get out of your cold weather funk. As the snow continues to fall and your timeline to that summer body shrinks, you begin to feel the pressure to lose weight fast for the summer.
I can personally tell you that each year it happens to me. And with every year that passes, I find different goals to want that beach body. Here are some of my goals that I have reached in the years past:
Look good in a swim suit
Feel good on the beach among friends
Feel healthy and look healthy
Have the endurance to hike a mountain
Run a marathon or Bike in an adventure race
Whatever the goals are I set forth in the spring time, I reap the benefits come summer. However, its not always about looking good on the beach. Sometimes, it is living the Fittervention dream of feeling fit and healthy for a lifetime.
When you are setting goals, take in to consideration a few things:
- Make them Actionable! Set realistic goals that you can achieve, given your time constraints. Do say, “I want to lose 20 lbs. by next week!” Try, ” I will work out 5 days a week, so I can lose 10 lbs in the next 30 days.
- Make it Realistic. Healthy weight loss is 1 – 2 pounds a week. That means in order to keep off your weight, losing 10 pounds by fasting will only come back. Do it right and do it healthy!
- Match Your Intensity to your Goal. If you want to lose weight fast for the summer, slow walks on the tread mill won’t cut it. You will have to pick an intense program to match the results you want. Try a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) program for faster results.
5 Tips to Lose Weight Fast For The Summer
Now that you have a good grasp on setting goals, here are some tips that will help you get the job done.
1 Pick a Workout Program that works for you. If you are a gym person, go to the gym! If you are a home workout person do that! Most of all find a program that you think you can stick to, and get started right away.
2 Find a Workout Partner. Studies show that people that workout together or attend classes together are more likely to stick to their plan. If you can’t find a partner, pick a fitness class and go to the same one on the same time of the week. Like Tuesday and Thursday spin class at noon. Sit in the same spot and chat it up. Most likely you can find someone with similar goals.
3 Make a Workout Calendar. Putting a workout calendar or weekly workout checklist will help you stay on track. You can make a list like this:
- Monday- Strength Training
- Tuesday – Kickboxing Class
- Wednesday- Yoga
4 Mix It Up. As you can see with my example calendar, mixing up your program will keep you from getting bored and keep you body in tune with your results. If you choose a good home workout program it will come with a calendar and nutrition guideline.
5 Visualize Your Goal. If you visualize your goal, you will make it happen! I’m not saying go get a bikini in the size you want, but write down the size you want to be and measure each week. Eventually you will get where you want to be.
Wrapping It Up
Use these 5 Tips to Lose Weight Fast For The Summer and achieve your dreams! Make 2015 awesome, and get in shape for the summer you want to have. Whether it be, losing the baby fat, getting fit for the beach, or enduring the Tough Mudder. Whatever it is, you can do it!
Are these tips helpful? Leave your questions or comments below.