Looking for new personal training package ideas for your fitness business?
When I started my fitness business, I had years of experience working in with corporate companies, clients, and even some big box gyms. I had a lot of personal training package ideas and began to put a list together on how to create a buying environment for my personal training clients.
If you are an independent trainer, consider this:
- Keep It Simple
- Don’t over think it
- Do what is right for you and your business
- Make it simple and easy to understand
- Understand You Client’s Needs
Most clients, whether they trained with you at another gym or have worked with a trainer before, get used to whatever payment plan they were on at one time.
- Session packages of 10
- Offer training specials for most sessions completed in a month
- Have personal training package ideas that benefit the gym not the client
Although these packages may not be best suited for your gym, when you get new clients, they may be used to these payment plans.
Put Your Business First
When I started my fitness business, I was used to selling the big box gym training packages:
- Buy 10 Get 1 Free
- Discounts for more sessions purchased
- and so on
The first thing to do is think of you, your business, and your client. Let’s say you find a gym to train in, do you think they will set up your rent payment to be due every 5 or 6 weeks? Probably not.
When you pay your bills, do you pay them every 6 weeks? Probably not.
So why sell personal training packages for every 6 weeks?
Does that make sense?
If you offer personal training packages, find out how many times your client wants to train every month. Then set them up on a monthly training package that reflects their fitness goals.
Jim wants to train 2 times per week to meet his weight loss goals. Then set Jim up on an 8 session personal training package.
That makes sense for both of you, and it is easier on your client because a monthly fitness bill budgets better than a six week fitness bill!
3 Awesome Personal Training Package Ideas
The benefit of being a personal trainer is that you don’t have the corporate umbrella behind you and your clients will continue to train with you because of you! So you don’t need to have a bunch of discounts for training, just a simple plan that fits into their lifestyle.
My 3 Personal Training Package Ideas work great:
- Monthly Package – 4 or 8 session package depending on their weekly session protocol
- Full Session or Half Session – Full 50 minute session price or 30 minute session price (sold in monthly packages)
- Recurring Billing – Monthly session package paid for each month with an automatic debit from their credit card or checking account. With this it gets tricky, but it is easy to do! Offer a small discount on their session rate and use one of these merchant services
Monthly packages are easy and let your client pay however they want. One session at a time or for the whole month. Most will choose the month, but it’s cool when you give them that option.
Why offer half sessions? Some people will like it because of time and money constraints. At $60 a session, a full session package is $480/month. If you charge $40 for 30 minutes it saves them $160 a month!
- Look like a hero for offering that option
- Make it affordable for personal training
- Get more referrals
- Get them is shape and feeling great in only 30 minutes!
Personal Training Package Ideas For Recurring Billing
Here is how I set my recurring billing up:
I use a 48 week calendar approach: 1 session per week x 4 weeks in a month x 12 months in a year = 48 sessions for the year. That gives you 4 weeks off for their vacation and yours!
This works well with one-on-one training for one to two sessions per week. Three sessions a week is hard if they go out of town a lot and you will always be trying to make up sessions. If that is the case, use the monthly package program.
Making It Work
I use all of these personal training package ideas to offer a great service to my clients. They have established a great clientele for me and I have found that using all of them together works fantastic for my fitness business.
What personal training package ideas do you have?
Please share your questions or comments below.